Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Authors may suggest up to 4 peer reviewers. The Editor is not obligated to use these reviewers but will give all consideration
Article Processing Fees
Like most Open Access titles, the JOMH applies an Article Processing Charge (APC), only after the manuscript has been accepted by the editor. The author will be sent an invoice for the Article Processing Charge. Letters to the Editor, short commentaries and select invited articles will not be charged an APC.
The APC for the Journal of Men’s Health is US $975.
The Journal of Men’s Health will provide the highest level of editorial service for the author, including a rigorous peer review process, expert editing and production editing, and excellent design services. All articles are archived through Portico and will be assigned a unique DOI (Digital Object Identifier) through Cross Ref. Published articles are also archived in Thompson Reuters ISI Web of Science.
An author’s ability to pay APCs is not a consideration in the decision of whether to publish. Authors living in one of the United Nations' list of Least Developed Countries may request a fee waiver. See country list here.
Authors living in countries not considered "least developed" who do not have the ability to pay the APC's may be eligible for a reduced rate.Please contact the publisher directly at email@example.com.